Monday 29 April 2013

The Alien at the Library

One of the artworks I enjoy viewing at the university is this painting located at the first floor of the library here at Bilkent. I call this the Alien of Bilkent (not its real name) because in a way it reminds me of the art of H.R. Giger (whom I mentioned in my previous post).


However, as can be seen from some of the sample artworks in my previous post; elements like colour, technique and style differ greatly from those of H. R. Giger. Yet (at least for me), it gives an impression similar to some of Giger's works.
  
I don't know what its original name is or the artist who created it. I am planning to look into this, maybe even get an interview with the artist. I will try to keep you guys updated about my research regarding this picture in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment